WordPress, Pico, Stripe, Mailchimp, Newsletter Glue, Captivate
Intermediate (low-code required)
For those who want to:
- Create a subscription-based newsletter and publication
- Offer paid member-only content
- Offer group subscriptions
- Segment your audience and tailor communications
Jacob Donnelly, GM of B2B at Morning Brew, recently left Substack and rebuilt his subscription-based publication with WordPress. His realized his publication, A Media Operator, was much more than just a newsletter.
He needed a tech stack that could support A Media Operator's growth, and give him the ability to;
- Publish and send a newsletter with one click, like Substack
- Manage subscriptions, group subscriptions, and segmented audiences
- Create evergreen SEO content
- Build a podcast-only page
Jacob eventually landed on the following tech stack:
- WordPress → Mailchimp → Pico → Stripe → Captivate
In these tutorials, we are going to show you how to achieve this same functionality.
Many thanks to Mark Bowley, a Makerpad Creator in Residence, for researching this tutorial.